Just few weeks after the unveiling of Gionee M6 & M6 Plus, Gionee Mobile is now set to introduce a new Smartphone with a well desired feature which was intentionally omitted from the Gionee M6. The latest sent out by gionee indicates the OEM is all now set to release a device targeted at the Camera addicts.
The invite just sent out by gionee reads “The Director’s Cut” along with the date and the the hashtag Selfieflash .
Gionee made no mention of what the possible device is,but all indications points to an upgraded version of the Gionee S6 named Gionee S6s. The Gionee S6s smartphone has already been listed on Indian import and export site Zauba, meaning a launch date is very Eminent.
The Gionee S6s sports a 13MP IMX258 rear camera with PDAF and f/2.0 aperture ,an 8 MP front facing camera with flash, which somehow confirms the content of Gionee Invite.
Find below the specifications of the Gionee S6s
Gionee S6s Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core Mediatek MT6753 Processor with Mali T-720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo 3.2 UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM Slot (micro SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 13MP camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor
- 8MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 75.6 x 8.27mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3150mAh built-in battery
The Gionee S6s will be available in Gold, Rose Gold and Silver colors at a price to be announced at the August 22 launch.