WhatsApp is an important aspect of our day to day life these days. There isn’t a single person who is not using the world’s most famous instant messenger. But, using the official version of WhatsApp has its own set of limitations. This has given rise to a lot of modded versions of the popular messenger service. One such mod that has been quite popular for its additional functionality is GBWhatsapp. The app has been receiving regular updates thereby making more advanced. We will try to understand how it performs in this GBWhatsApp review in today’s post.
What is GBWhatsApp?
As we stated before, GBWhatsApp is a modified version of the official WhatsApp application. What makes it a good option is the ability it has over the official version of the software. It does come with some added advantages and features.
The modified version of the well-known instant messenger offers you a great deal of customizability. And yes, unlike most of the modded applications which require you to have a rooted smartphone, GBWhatsApp does not need you to root your device.
One of the most prominent advantages you are sure to get with GBWhatsApp is the ability to use two accounts on the same phone.
Where can I get GBWhatsApp?
As you might have understood as of now, GBWhatsApp is a modified version of the official app. As such, it is not available on Google Play Store.
You can search for the Download GBWhatsApp APK file from the Internet. There are several sites that provide the GBWhatsApp APK files. Please check the authenticity of the site that hosts the file, though. APKMirror is one such site that has been quite trustworthy in that sphere.
Alternatively, you can Download GBWhatsApp from here as well. In fact, I would advise our readers to opt for the official website as you will be guaranteed of an official version. It will also ensure that you will get the latest version of the software on your phone.
Read Also : Chrome Flags for Mobile and PC
Once you download the GBwhatsapp APK file, you can install it by the usual means of sideloading an Android application. However, you may have to make a few changes in the settings so that you are allowed to install an app from the unknown sources.
Here is how you can do it –
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Head on to
- Look for the option that says Unknown Sources and check it.
Once done, you should be able to install the APK file easily. Please note that the settings for the above procedure may differ depending upon your OS version.
How to configure GBWhatsApp?
Please note that you will need to uninstall the current version of WhatsApp on your phone before installing the GBWhatsApp APK. Let us now find how to configure GBWhatsApp on your device.
- Uninstall your existing version of WhatsApp. Make sure you have taken a backup before doing so. Else you will lose your saved chats.
- Install GBWhatsApp following the procedure explained above.
- Set up your WhatsApp account following the usual method you would use to set it up.
- Enter your mobile number and get it verified.
That does it. You have successfully set up your GBWhatsApp on your number.
- Now if you want to use another number on WhatsApp on the same phone, install the official WhatsApp app from the Google Play Store.
- Configure it using the second number you want to use it with.
If you have a dual SIM phone, you can get the second number verified the easy way. However, if you have a single SIM device, follow the steps below
- Remove the SIM used for the activation of
- Insert the second SIM you want to configure WhatsApp on.
- Get the number verified following the usual procedure for the purpose.
You can now remove the second SIM and insert the original SIM on the same. No matter which SIM is installed on your phone, you will continue running WhatsApp on both your numbers on the same phone.
We would advise you to use your existing WhatsApp number on the official version of WhatsApp. That way, you can restore your messages and other chat elements from the backup you created as explained above.
Some salient features of the GBWhatsApp
Well, GBWhatsApp happens to be one of the best options for the advanced functionality of your WhatsApp usage experience. It takes the great instant messaging features you have come to find on WhatsApp to a higher level.
Some of the features include
- The application lets you block WhatsApp calls on specific numbers.
- There is a higher limit of 600 broadcast messages in comparison to just 250 on the official version.
- It offers you enhanced privacy mode. The app lets you hide the received and read status on your received messages.
- The app has an ability to send videos as huge as 30 MB in size.
- You can send up to 90 Images in one go.
- The status can be assigned to 250 characters instead of the standard limit of just 139 on the official version.
- Ability to change the app icon is an added advantage and a part of excellent customization it offers you.
- The app supports over 100 languages.
- The major advantage that the app offers you is the ability to set up two WhatsApp accounts on a single device.
Final Words About GBWhatsApp
GBWhatsApp is indeed a great app if you want to use two WhatsApp accounts on a single device. Additionally, it comes with several advanced features you may not be able to experience on the official version of the instant messenger. Customizability is what makes it the best app for the needs you may have. That makes it the best option for the advanced users. You can install it from the official site we mentioned above for the sake of security.
Read Also : AnimeFreak Alternatives 2019
Have you used the modded version of the well known instant messenger? If yes, do share your views and opinions about the GBWhatsApp.