Are you an iPhone user? If you are, then you might have been a victim of the annoying iCloud activation lock that keeps popping up on the device. I seriously have friends who have been a victim of this annoying issue more than once.
However, when it comes to Apple devices, bypassing a lock is not that easy. A couple of wrong moves could get you permanently banned from using the device.
What is iCloud activation lock?
Most of you would know that Apple devices, especially the iOS devices come with enhanced privacy and security features. The most notable features about iOS devices are their tight security and privacy feature. iCloud activation lock is an iOS inbuilt feature that locks the user from accessing its contents if the device is reported stolen or lost. To, activate the feature; the user just has to switch on the Find My iPhone option.
What exactly does iCloud activation lock do?
The actual purpose of this feature is to ban the user from accessing data stored on the iCloud database. Once an iPhone with Find my iPhone feature enabled is reported lost or stolen. The iCloud will lock itself, which forbids the user from using the device any further.
How to remove iCloud activation lock from an iOS device?
Many websites mention several methods to bypass the iCloud activation lock. However, 90% of them do not work. The manufacturer has done enough modifications in such a way that the user could simply format the whole device and uses it, but, the iCloud contents once locked can be accessed only by a user with a valid password and iCloud user ID.
With this being said, if you are ready to spend a few bucks for bypassing the iCloud activation lock, here is the procedure to follow.
- Step 1: Navigate to the official website of cellunlocker.co.uk and on the homepage, click the “iCloud Unlock” option that could be found on the left-hand side of the home screen or click here to go directly https://cellunlocker.co.uk/network/Special%20Services/Activation%20Lock
- Step 2: Now, a new page appears on the screen with a list of iOS devices, select the device model that you need to bypass. Enter the IMEI number of the device when requested.
- Step 3: Once the details are entered, re-check if the details are correct and then click the “add to cart” button.
- Step 4: A new screen will now appear requesting you to enter the contact details like email address. Enter the email address and click the “continue” button.
- Step 5: Now, a new page will appear on the screen prompting you to enter the bank details for completing the payment of the service charges for the unlocking service provided. Enter the bank details and hit the “make payment” button.
- Step 6: On successful payment, you will receive a payment successful email, and the unlocking process would be initiated. Within 1-4-days, the unlocking process would be completed and a confirmation mail will be sent to your email ID.
Once you receive the mail, restart your iOS device. Voila, the iCloud activation lock is removed.
As I mentioned at the beginning, the above-mentioned method does not come free. The user has to pay for the unlocking service. However, here is a method that might help you remove the activation lock.
- Step 1: Pick up your iOS device, press, and hold together the sleep button and home button until the Apple logo is displayed on the device screen.
- Step 2: Once, the phone restarts, select the language and country as requested and then, presses the home button.
- Step 3: Now, the device will ask you to connect the Wi-Fi, click the option to more Wi-Fi.
- Step 4: You will find an “I” near the Wi-Fi symbol. Click it.
- Step 5: A new screen appears, now, find the Menu below the HTTP proxy in the settings option.
- Step 6: On the page that appears on the screen, click to clear the address in the address bar and then, click the globe icon near.
- Step 7: Now, on the screen locate the option “port” and then, enter b along with some random characters (30 characters minimum)
- Step 8: Once, you have done it, click back and then, click next.
Now the activation lock would be removed from your device.
These two methods could currently help you solve your iCloud activation lock issue.