Samsung India, as scheduled, has officially launched the Galaxy Note 7 into the Indian Market.The Galaxy Note 7 as announced in India is being bundled with the Jio 4G SIM preview offer in India, which will offer voice, data, and SMS free for 90 days.
The Galaxy Note 7 is Samsung’s latest phablet in its stylus-enabled Note series.it is actually the sixth in the Note series, but Samsung Mobile decided to skip the Note 6 to keep the naming convention abreast with its S series and probably to be in line with one of its top rival the iPhone 7.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Brief Specs
The Galaxy Note 7 was announced to a Worldwide audience at the Galaxy Unpacked 2016 event in New York some days back and had since been available for pre-order in some countries.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has a 3D glass & metal design with IP68 rating water and dust resistance.For the first time in any galaxy Smartphone, there is an iris scanner in addition to the regular fingerprint sensor.
The device comes with a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved edge display with an always-on feature similar to that of the LG V10, is powered by a Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 12-megapixel Dual pixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Announced along the Galaxy Note 7 is the new Samsung Gear VR, but not bundled with the Galaxy Note 7, the Samsung Gear VR will cost additional Rs 7,290.
Samsung Galaxy Note7 specifications
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Exynos 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad), 64 bit, 14 nm processor processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS, f/1.7 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- IP68 rating water and dust resistance
- S Pen stylus
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 169g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- 4G LTE Cat.12, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging (wired and wireless)
Pre-order for the Galaxy Note 7 begins from August 22 through August 30 for Rs. 59900.Available color options include Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium, and Black Onyx.The device will start shipping in India from September 2nd.