There may be numerous celebrations when you may be accessing a data server from your Mac computer/laptop. To this, you require to Map a network drive on Mac OS. There are several ways to do this, and today, we will be talking about three techniques making use of which you can accomplish this. The methods we will instruct you to Map a Network Drive on Mac OS will include both an irreversible course and a short mapping that will reset after restarting your system. We will review both techniques with step by step directions on just how to set up and map a network drive on Mac OS.
You will undoubtedly map the network drive in all OS X variations, including Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, Yosemite & Sierra. So allow us to begin reviewing these three approaches without wasting any more time.
Precisely how to Map a Network Drive on Mac OS Temporarily
Using this approach, you will map a network drive that will function until the network link drops or if you reboot your system.
- Open ‘Finder’ as well as struck ‘Command’ + ‘K’ on the keyboard. This will raise the ‘Attach to Server’ window.
- Get in the path/address to the network drive you intend to map in the ‘Server Address Field,” i.e. smb:// network computer/network share or smb:// server name/folder name.
- Connect to the web server.
- Click on the ‘+’ symbol beside the field to save the Server Address to Favorites.
- Get in the credentials to log in and click on “OK” to install the driver.
- A new symbol will exist on your Desktop computer for the mapped network drive and the Finder sidebar.
Steps to Map a Network Drive on Mac OS Permanently
If you wish to maintain the network drive placed each time you reboot your Mac System, you must map the network drive for system reboot determination. To do this:
First, you need to map the network drive on Mac OS by following all the actions given in the above method.
When done, you require to visit ‘System Preferences’ by clicking the Apple logo design in the top left corner of your computer.
Currently, click ‘Users & Teams’ or ‘Accounts’ and make sure that the lock in the bottom left corner of the present home window is unlocked. Click on the lock to change it.
From the Desktop computer, drag the mapped network drive to the ‘Users & Teams’ home window.
Additionally, check the ‘Hide’ box next to the network drive.
You are done! This will certainly constantly connect your network drive automatically on system reboot from currently onwards.
How to Develop an Alias for the Mapped Network Drive on Desktop Computer
- It might be feasible that the mapped network drive may not appear on the desktop computer somehow. To make it visible:
- Open up ‘Finder’ and also hit ‘Command’ + ‘,’ to open the Preferences
- Click the General tab and pick the check box alongside the ‘Linked Servers’
- On the Desktop, tap the right-click on the network drive icon and choose ‘Make Alias.’
- Return to the Finder Preferences and also uncheck the box next to ‘Attached Servers’ once again
- If the network drive disconnects, just dual click the pen names to remount it
That’s all, and we wish that you could map the network drive on Mac OS by following the various approaches talked about over. Do not hesitate to comment listed below if you have any questions. We will enjoy helping you. Thanks!