Samsung Galaxy S6 is one of the popular devices launched last year. Be it the curvaceous Galaxy S6 Edge, or the flatter version – the Galaxy S6 – have been most appreciated both for their looks and functionality. If you want to use the device to its utmost capacity, the best option you can go for is Rooting. Anyone can root galaxy s6 by following the below steps. So, now you may be considering to root your Galaxy S6 for gaining the high degree of customization, but avoiding it just because you are not confident enough. We aim to help you in this article with a detailed explanation on How to root your Galaxy S6.
What is rooting?
Rooting is the term used for gaining administrative privilege on your Android device. This is the way you can use to improve the performance of your phone.
Rooting enables you to get rid of the bloatware on your phone. This will be the first step towards making your phone more responsive. You can free up your RAM, and storage. Moreover, rooting lets, you use custom ROMs on your device. You no longer need to wait for the official updates for the latest Android operating system. In essence, you will be the true owner of the smartphone in your hand.
How To Root Galaxy S6?
There are several ways you can use to root an Android. There are several ways you can use to root your phone. We will use the AutoRoot method in this tutorial.
Do note these points before proceeding –
- Make sure your phone is charged to at least 80 percent.
- Backup all the data on your phone. Taking a Nandroid backup would be the best option.
- Install the latest drivers for your Galaxy S6.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do this,
- Go into Settings and then About Phone.
- Tap on the Build Number seven times. You will get a message stating that you are a developer now.
- Now go to Settings -> Developer Options. Locate USB Debugging and enable it
- Note down your Model Number. You ca find it by following the path Settings -> About Phone.
Now that you have gone through these prerequisites, you will now need to download ODIN. You can get it from Download Odin. Since we are using AutoRoot method to root the device, continue with the following steps.
- Visit Autoroot. Look for your model number and click on
- Download the appropriate root package and save it on your computer.
- Extract the AutoRoot Package you downloaded above to a safe location on your computer. Make sure that the extracted folder contains md5 file.
- Right click on the ODIN .exe you downloaded above, and choose Run As Administrator.
- Leave it running.
Having done all these steps, you have now readied your phone and PC for further procedure. The actual rooting will begin now.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your PC through USB cable.
- Let your PC install the appropriate drivers for your phone.
- Unplug your phone.
Step 2: The next step is to install the root package on your device. To do this,
- You will now need to enter the Download Mode on your device.
- Press and hold Home, Power, and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- You should now see a blue screen. Let go of all the buttons.
- Press Volume Up button to continue.
Step 3: Your phone has now entered the Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Place the phone in a steady place so that the connectivity is not lost.
- Go to ODIN application, and click on
- Choose the md5 file in the AutoRoot folder that you have extracted above.
- Click on START in ODIN.
If everything has been done right, your phone will reboot and boot into your Home screen. Now you have successfully rooted your device. You can check the root status by launching your App Drawer. You should now see a new app named SuperSU.
There are several other options you can use for rooting your Galaxy S6. Some of them can be explained as here below.
iRoot offers you two ways of rooting your Galaxy S6. You can root your phone using a mobile application, or through a PC application.
You can download the APK fromiRoot Apk and install it on your phone as you would normally side load an app. The PC application is available at the link iRoot For PC. Both the options provide an easy way to root your phone. On the PC version, install the application and connect your phone to your PC. The tool will detect your phone. Clicking on Root Now will initiate the rooting process. Reboot your phone once done. If you are on the APK version, launch the app and tap on Root Now.
Framaroot is one of the popular options to root your Android. It is available only as APK file. You can install the app on your phone and follow the instructions to root your device easily. The best part with this method is that you would not need PC and any complicated procedure for rooting.
You can find the latest version of the APK file at the XDA-Framaroot Apk Latest VersionIn fact, XDA Developers forum recommends Framaroot as the best method to root your Android smartphone.
The Final Verdict
Well, rooting lets you have additional control on your Android device. It also frees you up from the restrictions placed either by your device manufacturer, or Google. However, please note that it has its own pros and cons. To begin with, Rooting voids your warranty. Moreover, a rooted device may be more vulnerable to fishing attacks, or any other sort of malware. The steps above are meant for those who have a complete understanding the functioning of an Android system.
Though we are sure that the above tutorial has been done without any lapse on our part in explaining the steps in a clear language, we would not be held responsible for any damage caused to your device that may arise as a result of not following the advice properly. Kindly proceed at your own risk.