Search engine optimisation or commonly known as SEO is the method of using various processes to increase website traffic both quality of your website and quantity of visitors to one’s website, in a nutshell, is what it is all about. This can be done organically, through both paid or un-paid SEO ethical tactics. The main goal is to keep your website in front of viewers and an increase in visitors clicking on your website on all popular search engines including Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
SEO works hand in hand with Google algorithms. This means that Google puts rules in place to allow or disallow certain websites to be shown on certain pages, almost like an equation.
This Google algorithm uses keywords to some extent to determine page rankings. And the best way to rank for specific keywords is by implementing Search Engine Optimisation to websites. Basically, SEO or the strategies used to implement SEO give Google an indication of what the site is about, i.e. what topic it is about. It essentially ‘reads’ the information on the page. There are approximately 200 of these recorded ’signals’ in their algorithm and one year ago there were about 500 plus improvements on the search signals alone.
Where does all this bring us? To improvements on our website and in our businesses of course. How do we get there? By implementing SEO, ourselves or hiring experts to do it for us.
Question is, what services do these companies provide? Of course, everyone will tell you that they are the best in the business. It is up to you to do the research and see if they put their money where their mouth is. Find out which previous clients they have worked with or are currently working on, give them a call. Most SEO digital marketing companies boast their list of clienteles on their website.
Most digital marketing companies or SEO agencies provide very similar services. The difference is in the quality and efficiency of the service they provide. One can be more experienced in one area and the other at another. So, it’s advisable to find one that has expertise in all areas and has a holistic approach with all its services, not to mention a company that has credibility and that you can trust. On a good day, executing SEO can get pretty detailed.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the different types of services they provide:
In a nutshell, the reason why we would want to hire an SEO company is that we want all of the below:
- Exposure of our business
- Increased Sales of our products and services
- Brand credibility
- More leads and sales
- Increased traffic to our website
- Improved ranking of our website – preferably first page
So, as you can see hiring a digital marketing company is crucial in making sure your website, as well as your entire business and its services are always visible to the public. This digital marketing company that you hire, would then have experts in different areas who will come together to make sure that they fulfill all the fundamental areas of SEO optimisation on your website and treat it as their won until the project is completed on time and in full.
They will for instance:
- Do a thorough website audit to see where the weaknesses and strengths are
- Do keyword research to see what are the positive and negative keywords that can and should not be used on your website
- Write content that fits your website and has the above appropriate keywords that will get picked up on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo when visitors do a search
- Do competitor research to find out who your competition is and what their ranking and website strength and weaknesses are
- Do link building to see which links work to be directed to authority sites and which one would harm the website’s reputation is used wrongly
- Do cosmetic changes on the website for both UI/UX to make sure the customer experience is maximised. Learn more about UI/UX here
- Do content marketing for you on all your pages and blog sites, if content needs to be written or re-written or updated, along with image optimisation. They would have experts for this.
- Do image and graphic optimisation. Create exceptional graphics for your website, that stand out for the crowd because they would have expert creatives and designers. Things like adding image alt text, headers, subheadings all in the correct format and positions, etc
- Do social media strategy implementation, either by employing social media campaigns on your existing platforms or creating fresh new social media accounts for you on all platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Google or Twitter, etc and then collating them with read-worthy information, up to date news and innovative campaigns and making sure they cover all the basis.
- Do in-depth research and target the right audience built for your specific niche. Complete campaign transparency when you need it and send you the metrics and reports that show you whom they have targeted.
- Last but not least they would be able to send you final reports of before and after their SEO-hand has been upon your website, just to show you how well they have done and rub it in. Week after week the results would be exquisite and you would be happy because the numbers would have shot up significantly, you would have started getting those emails and phone calls and click-throughs to your website by new visitors interested in your business and service, and you have no bounce rate, you would have started selling more products or generating more contracts for customers interested in your services and the best part is …it’s an on-going process, it will not stop unless you do.
To learn more about how SEO processes have changed over the years click below: www.optron.in/blog/seo-process-for-2016-step-by-step-seo-guide-for-2016.html